My Go To Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner

Thursday 7 May 2015
Hey! So I thought I would do something a little different for you all, that will take your attention away from fashion and on to something a little more yummy. Yes I do mean food. I've been trying to get myself into a habit of eating more decently, I'd say healthy but I just can't completely change my diet to healthy, it just doesn't work for me. So what I thought i'd do, is a little food/eating post that will include my daily breakfast, lunch and dinner 'menu's' and also what snacks and drinks I have just so you can see something a little different on the blog. I love reading these types of posts on other blogs and also watching youtube videos of this nature so I thought I'd have a go. I hope you enjoy this post, do let me know and if you want to give me any motivational help and tips that would be much appreciated.

  • Breakfast - 


  • Wholemeal Toast with peanut butter
  • Wholemeal toasted bagel with scrambled egg & ketchup
  • Berry Smoothie
  • Piece of fruit
  • Bran Flakes 

  • Lunch -

  • Cheese Salad Sandwich
  • Chicken Salad
  • Wholemeal chicken roll

  • Dinner - 

  • Griddled Chicken breast with asparagus 
  • Macaroni Cheese
  • Steak with greek salad

  • Snacks - 

  • Veggie Crisps (or normal crisps)
  • Piece of Fruit
  • Pitta break with dip (taziki or garlic)

  • Drinks - 

  • Lemon Infused Water
  • Normal still water
  • Mango Smoothie 
  • Peppermint Tea
  • Lemon & Ginger Tea
  • Cranberry Juice 
So as you can see from the food lists above I am quite balanced when it comes to what I eat, if I didn't mind getting fat I would eat bad food each and everyday because its so tasty and I love it all(I am a big foodie). However I've decided for personal medical reasons and for my own lifestyle I needed to make myself eat a balanced diet. Obviously above is not only what I eat, it changes all the time. I'm not hugely into eating breakfast which is bad because it's the most important meal of the day and should be wholesome and filling, if not you'll end up hungry about an hour later and won't help with weight gain. My ideal breakfast would be a slice of cake or a packet of crisps however my mum won't allow it and I know it's bad for me so if I do eat breakfast, I'll make sure the bread is wholemeal, my eggs are scrambled and so on, because it's just a lot healthier rather than white bread and fried eggs. If I don't have work I will make an effort and have eggs or a smoothie, however if I do have work it's probably just an apple or a banana. Bran flakes are also the only cereal I eat because the doctor says there good because they are extremely good for your bowels. But I am not a lover of milk, I despise it so it's very rare the bran flakes will be seen. 

When it comes to lunch I am so stuck on what to eat, if I'm at home it'll be nothing special maybe it'll just turn into a snack but if I'm at work I go down to sainsbury's and pick up a meal deal. I am a lover of carbs, and could eat them all day, everyday, but that is the reason I find it hard to loose weight. I'll either choose a sandwich or a pasta pot, or sometimes when i'm on a health boost ill have a salad bowl with chicken or ham. 

Then we come to dinner, it's really hard to write what I have for dinner, because it always changes, so I've put my favourite dinners. I live at home with my family still so my mum, the majority of the time makes my dinners and I won't moan because who doesn't love a home cooked meal after work, I don't mind! Some days my mum will be feeling lazy and just have something light and thats when I will cook something, it could be an omelette or just some pasta with cheese and lots of ketchup. I used to hate ketchup by the way and now I have it practically with everything, whats going on! I will probably most always have an ice lolly or ice cream afterwards or some jelly with raspberries because they are so good, and obviously full of sugar which is so bad, but oh wells.

I love to snack a lot which is probably because I don't eat a breakfast most of the time. I just never feel satisfied? If I do snack, my favourite food will be crisps, but I have a good alternative for you all, vegetable crisps! they include beetroot, parsnip and carrot and there baked all yummy for you healthy ones to enjoy. I may also have a piece of fruit like an apple which again is great for your bowels or i'll have a banana. Depends whats in the house to be honest, my favourite fruit is either watermelon or berries but berries are quite the pricey suckers. Frozen berries are best for smoothies, instead of using ice, it just makes it nice and cold and frothy. 

Now onto drinks, I was told by my consultant at the hospital to drink three litres of water a day because I suffer with bladder problems and also kidney stones which I have suffered with for years and the art of preventing them is by drinking lots and lots of water but it bores me so, I brought this really cool new water bottle that I will link down below, it's a water infuser bottle its 800ml which is a good size and you can put what ever fruit you want to make your water a little more tastier. I use lemons which is basic but I love lemon water and because lemons are acidic it's great for your bladder. I also enjoy drinking herbal tea's such as peppermint which is great for your digestive system , also a little tip, if you have a cold/fever, grab a bowl of boiling water, throw a few peppermint tea bags in and place your face over the bowl, (not in the bowl! you don't want to burn your face) place a towel over your head and stay for ten minutes, not only is it great for your skin/pores it will unblock your sinus's. 

Well I hope you've enjoyed this post, if you have then let me know and maybe I'll do a few more like this!

Post Comment
Post a Comment