NYFW Highlights & S/S 17 Trend Predictions

Wednesday 14 September 2016
Vera Wang

Vera Wang's collection definitely stood out to me as I love the monochrome that ran throughout. I could definitely see some future trends stand out, such as the bardot which has been a massive hit spring/summer 2016, and by the looks of Wang's collection it'll be back again. The bardot is such an amazing trend, it's super girly, and has a sense of sophistication. I also see a couple of pieces bring back the peplum, not a trend I was in love with but flatters an hourglass figure beautifully. Vera incorporated a lot of oversized pieces into her collection this season, including extremely long arms on many of the pieces. Last but not least in the collection was embellishment! She used oversized pearls on a few of the dresses, and whats not to love about a little embellishment.

Altuzarra

The next designer at NYFW who stood out to me was one I hadn't heard of before but definitely hope to see again and that is Altuzarra. I loved absolutely everything about his collection, there was so much going on which made it mesmerizing and insanely interesting. To highlight the collection I would say it was very feminine with a sense of romance. It involved textures such as denim and snakeskin. Prints that involved fruit and gingham. Red lace lace embellishment. & very beautiful, feminine silhouettes.  I loved it! 

Oscar De La Renta

Oscar De La Renta's fashion week collections always catch my eye every season! He always has something new to offer, and this collection is no different. Although I feel as if he has brought Christmas to summer with the evening wear sporting so much embellishment, gold metallics and feathers. However the main aspect which stood to me was the fresh white lace pieces perfect for summer. 



Post Comment
Post a Comment